Basketball England have now announced that from Monday 3 August we will be on Level 2 of the Return to Play Roadmap. So what does that mean:
- Maximum of 30 people at the venue including players, coaches, support staff and officials. Ensure two adults are present at all practices involving under-18s.
- No spectators are permitted at this stage.
- Everyone should complete our pre-training/competition screening questionnaire and have their temperature taken outside the venue prior to be permitted entry.
- Full compliance with hygiene considerations including hand sanitiser on entry, regular disinfecting of heavily used areas.
- Coaches, team managers, medical staff must wear face masks
- Practice in small groups or ‘bubbles’ in training whenever possible, with groups working together throughout the session to reduce risk of transmission.
- Contact training should be limited to 20-minute intervals with clear breaks to clean down equipment.
- Social distancing rules apply if not on the court in a playing capacity. During game play, players must be socially distanced on benches/chairs when not in a playing capacity and time-outs must be conducted on the court ensuring players are adequately spaced.
- To lower the frequency of bodily contact, players/teams must have no handshakes, celebrations/high fives.
- Shouting is not permitted in the sports hall due to the increased risk of aerosol transmission.
- No congregating once training, or game has ended.
- Clear signage must be established at the venue to ensure a singular flow of people in and out of the venue.
All clubs wishing to resume indoor training sessions (subject to venue provider approval) must complete this declaration form.
For more information about the Return to Play Guidance, click here.
As leagues are allowed to return, SBA has sent an email out to all 19/20 senior teams to identify interest in restarting the senior leagues this year. CVL competitions will remain paused, until we can safely restart the competitions again.
1 Views - Last updated: 22/01/21